Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden deck feature wall

naz1
Making a Splash

Garden deck feature wall

20221015_123322.jpg

My last project before bub arrives 

Spent 7 long days hand plastering and painting these privacy screens/garden deck feature wall. Was definitely a struggle for me this time around, especially with having such a big bump in the way. And working on the garage floor bent over painting didn't help.... but I'm stubborn and wanted it done

So happy with how it turned out! 

Just in time for the baby shower next weekend!

All items were from bunnings!

20221015_123219.jpg

20221015_123156.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden deck feature wall

Lovely work, @naz1! I'm so pleased to see this all come together for you after so much effort. The effort has certainly been worth it, as you've created an absolutely charming and unique piece that I'm sure many of our members will envy.

It would be great if you could provide a little information on how you went about creating this artwork, as I'm sure they'll be plenty of questions coming your way.

Many thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to see your next projects after the bub has arrived!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell and thanks for your previous advice! It turned out perfectly in the end. I appreciate your help with the clear coat 🙏 

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Well done on doing this all with the bump, I know too well my wifes struggle getting those DIY things done just before bub arrived, so hats off to you! Would love to see how you plastered and painted this :smile: 

Remarka6le

Hi Mitchell 

Thank you so much 😊

I should have recorded the process or at least take snaps along the way. I was just so focused on getting it done at the time. 

After coming up with several designs... I settled on this design and had a vision of making the  pattern pop with an embossed look, which is where the plaster came in handy. I used painters tape along with stencils I had at home. It was not any easy process and was also a very time consuming one. But well worth it in the end. My partner helped me assemble the boards to a frame he built. 

It's definitely the highlight in our garden!

Oh thank you so much!!!

Yes it was a struggle being pregnant and working on my garage floor 😅

I should have taken a video or progess photos 🤦‍♀️

I did use stencils that I had at home for the antique look pattern. However it was not as easy as I thought or went exactly to plan. Paint and plaster kept bleeding through (making a blurry mess of the pattern).. which meant I had to use a fine wooden artist tool to fix and sharpen the pattern free hand 🙄

That's where most of the time went into it!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects