Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden mural on fence

HarrietArthur
Building a Reputation

Garden mural on fence

356590760_957746165286495_6682812071033234240_n.jpg

Materials

Sample Pots from old projects 

Tools

Steps

Step 1

1. Brushed the corrugated iron fence.

Step 2

2. Started with big blocks of colour.

Step 3

3. Over a few weeks added more detail and then leaves and finally the vines.

Step 4

4. Painted clear craft varnish over the entire mural.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Popping Garden Mural

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @HarrietArthur. It's splendid to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a lovely pop of colour and excitement to your yard! I absolutely love it, and I'm sure you do too! I think some would consider this move a little too bold and be concerned about it not turning out well. I think you've done a wonderful job, and really appreciate your artistic flair.

Well done!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: Popping Garden Mural

@HarrietArthur  Welcome to Workshop Community and thanks for sharing this wonderful project! It looks fantastic and so much fun! 

tweeza
Finding My Feet

Re: Garden mural on fence

What paint should you use for this project ? How do you get straight lines on bendy iron. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @tweeza 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about what paint to use on a corrugated galvanized surface.

Let me tag @HarrietArthur to make them aware of your questions. I recommend using exterior paint such as Dulux Weathersheild or Taubmans Sunproof Exterior. Both these paint brands have UV protection mixed into them and are self-priming.

However, you do raise a very interesting question, how do you paint a straight line on a corrugated surface? I propose using masking tape on the surface to give you a visual guide on how far you would need to paint. I believe patience and a steady hand should give you positive results.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint like a professional

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Afternoon @HarrietArthur 

Now this is one reaosn I scroll through these pages :smile: I wish I could come up with original ideas but somehow it always seems to be "See someone elses and modify it a little" :smile: Why have a plain fence/shed wall when you could do ANYTHING! :smile: Thank you for the inspiration!

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects