Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Green pool

nnoor
Just Starting Out

Green pool

hello 

due to rain, my pool's water keeps going change to green instead of blue colour. I use Acid and Algee. But not happy.

What shall l do?

thanks nuri

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Green pool

Hi Nuri (@nnoor),

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. We're pleased to have you as one of our newest community members and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans for the house and garden.

I imagine many people have had green pools in NSW and Queensland recently due to the flooding rains. Fortunately, it's not too difficult to get your pool sparkling again.

I suggest you follow the advice in this Bunnings guide - How to fix a green pool. I will also attach the video below.

This previous Workshop discussion should also be helpful to you - Tips for dealing with a green pool

Please let us know if you continue to have trouble.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Green pool

Hi @nnoor,

How's your pool going? Acid needs to be added when freshwater like rain fills up the pool, and algaecide is added when you have a green algal outbreak. However, it's chlorine that stops your pool from going green in the first place. How much chlorine have you been adding, and what type do you use? I use Hy-Clor 10kg Granular Pool Chlorine and add about two full cups once a week, which prevents the water from turning green. You might like to take advantage of our in-store pool water testing as the results will tell you exactly what you need to add. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects