Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hamptons-style outdoor furniture transformation

daniknight4
Junior Contributor

Hamptons-style outdoor furniture transformation

I couldn't believe the result which was, I thought, very Hamptons!I couldn't believe the result which was, I thought, very Hamptons!

Continuing to "whitify" my outdoor furniture, the last piece was our 8 seater outdoor table and chairs. As time went on it transformed into something I had not intended but the result was gorgeous. The result was accidentally Hampton and I'm so pleased with it.

I started by cleaning and lightly sanding - very lightly! - each piece and then applying three coats of paint. The table I waxed with beeswax and voila...that was it. I think paint was the best invention ever!!!!!:)

This table and 8 chairs was the last in my "whitification" of the back patio furniture!This table and 8 chairs was the last in my "whitification" of the back patio furniture!Before painting I cleaned and lightly sanded the table.Before painting I cleaned and lightly sanded the table.I applied three coats of paint to the top and legs.I applied three coats of paint to the top and legs.I thought I would apply beeswax to the table as it would be exposed to potential food and drink spills.I thought I would apply beeswax to the table as it would be exposed to potential food and drink spills.These were the original chairs that came with the table. They were showing their age and had always been very heavy chairs so I wanted to replace them with something more minimalist. I decided to sell them and look for a replacement.These were the original chairs that came with the table. They were showing their age and had always been very heavy chairs so I wanted to replace them with something more minimalist. I decided to sell them and look for a replacement.After thinking of buying bench seats I came across these on facebook market place and thought they were gorgeous so I snapped them up. I thought they looked a bit hamptonsy:)After thinking of buying bench seats I came across these on facebook market place and thought they were gorgeous so I snapped them up. I thought they looked a bit hamptonsy:)I repeated the cleaning, sanding and painting process, although I didn't apply wax.I repeated the cleaning, sanding and painting process, although I didn't apply wax.I couldn't believe the result which was, I thought, very Hamptons!I couldn't believe the result which was, I thought, very Hamptons!I just love these chairs.I just love these chairs.The table setting goes well with my painted  - originally dark brown - now white wicker lounge.The table setting goes well with my painted - originally dark brown - now white wicker lounge.I decided to leave the actual seat the original timber as I thought it was gorgeous and provided a bit of a contrast and interest.I decided to leave the actual seat the original timber as I thought it was gorgeous and provided a bit of a contrast and interest.Just shows what a bit of paint and no talent can do!!:)Just shows what a bit of paint and no talent can do!!:)

JoeAzza
Super Contributor

Re: Hamptons-style outdoor furniture transformation

@daniknight4 another great job, love the transformation you are doing, looks like you are keeping busy, with the outdoor furniture, I love the white color, it goes with everything.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Another great result. Many thanks for sharing @daniknight4

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
daniknight4
Junior Contributor

Thank you. I love the white too! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects