Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hamptons verandah posts

emmajames
Cultivating a Following

Hamptons verandah posts

82E771AF-14D2-4AB0-B098-9B13D54CB75C.jpeg

87185361-C5F6-420E-B895-9F33CF50F96D.jpeg  

D462C9E4-E8F8-42ED-A7F1-DEADCF9B785F.jpeg

A90CE109-E11E-4DD1-93C0-2F2AEEEF01C0.jpeg

7E4B7CB1-68B8-4504-AB32-0A91ECAE8CA2.jpeg

2964A807-EE18-40D5-8853-E0D1FC868C3F.jpeg

E7217E22-144B-481B-BF69-00DEAC2395FA.jpeg

  

Over the weekend we completed a little project - we turned our skinny posts into something pretty amazing.

We even completed a DIY tutorial with all the links to a Bunnings shopping list if you wanted to try doing it yourself. www.Hamptonsinhighfields.com/blog

NB: we have a 6-10mm gap so it’s allows for both ventilation and water run off. The new structure does not touch the ground and the original stirrup is still in place preventing termites to climb. We also have an Instagram full of inspirational ideas 💡www.instagram.com/hamptonsinhighfields 

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Hamptons Verandah Posts

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @emmajames and thanks for sharing this project.

A very fresh and modern verandah makeover. You've nailed the Hamptons style brief. What's next on your list of home improvement projects?

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Hamptons verandah posts

Love it @emmajames. We've featured your handiwork on our Project Gallery as we're sure it will inspire many Bunnings Workshop community members. 

Thanks so much for sharing. It's fantastic to have you as part of the community and we are really looking forward to seeing what other projects you tackle around the house and garden. We trust you will also get plenty of inspiration in return from the rest of our clever and creative community. 

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @emmajames 

Everytime I see this picture and those posts it just keeps looking better and better. Fantastic build and excellent add on. 

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

karenhosie
Finding My Feet

They are brilliant, you could make planter boxes to match, cheers Karen 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @karenhosie. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for contributing to the discussion.

I think matching planter boxes would look sensational. Let me mention @emmajames, so they are alerted to your excellent suggestion and feedback on their project.

Do you have some posts that would benefit from a make-over like this? We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share. There's loads of inspiration within the community, just like this project, as our amazing members contribute their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

Cath52
Getting Established

It looks Stunning emmajames!!! It really makes a huge difference. Unfortunately I don’t have any posts to do this to but I love seeing the amazing creativity of others. 
I think you may have created the next huge Hamptons must have. Post it on Facebook & watch the Hamptons Lovers go crazy!!!

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Cath52,

Thanks for joining this discussion.

I agree, this is an exceptional project. Let me tag @emmajames so she is alerted to your kind comments. Have you also seen this beautiful project of hers?

If you’re a fan of Hamptons styling, you may also like to take a look at @Nham's fantastic projects, such as the dinner table makeover and the Hamptons kitchen renovation project.

Hope these projects inspire ideas for your place.

Stevie

Cath52
Getting Established

Thanks @StevieB

I’ll definitely have a look!

Many Thanks,

Cath 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects