Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help - I really want to build my kids a fort

baross
Just Starting Out

Help - I really want to build my kids a fort

Hi,  I really want to build my kids two forts joined by a bridge.  I have attached a picture to show what I mean.  

04DF8E77-29A6-417A-9436-738CEDAD6265.jpeg

Problem is that I have no building experience or knowledge.  Is this possible or am I just dreaming?

thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Help - I really want to build my kids a fort

Dream big @baross! Anything is possible, especially with some help and encouragement from the wonderful Bunnings Workshop community. 

I take it you don't currently have any plans for the design that you've shared?

You might like to start by building your confidence and knowledge by checking out some other cubby projects shared by members, such as:

Let us know if you have some plans, otherwise members like @redracer01 and @MitchellMc might like to assist you in creating some.

Welcome to the community. We're looking forward to seeing this project come to life.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
baross
Just Starting Out

Thank you Jason,  I think I need to ask the kids what they might like, then go from there.  As I always tend to want things extra big!  I will come back with more questions once we create a design.  Thanks again Amanda

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Amanda (@baross),

I also wanted to welcome you to the Bunnings Workshop community and let you know we are here to support you in your project. Like Jason mentioned there is no reason not to dream big but there is also no reason why you can't start small and add to the size as you go. Jason linked to a pallet cubby I built above and now I am contemplating adding an additional storey and a slide to it also.

Please let us know if you need any assistance with your project and we can't wait to see what you'll do with it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects