Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I cover a trench drain?

mrsgiveitago
Finding My Feet

How can I cover a trench drain?

Hi, I have installed a trench drain along the front of my pool. The pool front will have tiles on it as per the white tiled example. The trench drain I installed I have connected to the stormwater drain flows to the front of the house. I will put the pool fence at a distance after the trench drain and then turf the rest of the area. Is there something I can use to hide the trench drain, like a stocking and some larger stones?How the front will be tiled.How the front will be tiled.How the trench looks now.How the trench looks now.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I cover a trench drain?

Hello @mrsgiveitago

Thank you for sharing your question about how to cover your trench drain. If you wish to put pebbles on top of it to disguise the drain, I suggest using Everhard 600mm x 6m Drain Matting. It can be cut down to the size you need it to be. This will give you double protection. It prevents the pebbles and rocks from entering the drain, it will also filter sand and dirt. The rocks and pebble's weight will prevent the fabric from moving. You may also use GRUNT 6mm x 10m Sisal Twisted Rope to tie the ends of the fabric to the drain.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects