Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I block off the gaps at end of Colorbond roofing sheets?

dee36
Just Starting Out

How do I block off the gaps at end of Colorbond roofing sheets?

Looking for a solution as to what to use to close off the gaps under the colourbond sheeting. I've temporarily squashed foam pieces in the gaps to stop the birds flying in and building a nest in the beam that has been affixed to the fascia board.IMG_7671.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I block off the gaps at end of colourbond roofing sheets

Hello @dee36 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your Colorbond roofing sheets.

I suggest using the Bastion 1200 x 600 x 30mm XPS Multi Use Foam Board. The foam board is made from extruded polystyrene and is ideal for use as an insulation which is light weight and strong. With a 50mm closed cell thickness it has high water resistance and thermal performance. Plus, excellent compression adaptability.

I suggest using cardboard to trace the shape of the gap and then transfer the shape onto the foam board. Use a craft knife to cut the foam. Make sure to cut the foam board slightly larger so that it fits very tightly into the gap. Keep in mind that it is better to cut it larger rather than smaller as you can't add on to the foam once cut.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects