Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix slippery outdoor tiles?

slowrider
Finding My Feet

How do I fix slippery outdoor tiles?

Hi have just moved into a rental property and it has a great outdoor area, however it is all tiles and incredibly slippery when it gets wet.  Is there a product we could use that would not change the appearance of the tiles. Thank you.  

ps will upload a pic when I can.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix slippery outdoor tiles?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @slowrider. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about preventing slipping on tiles.

First, if they are glazed tiles, I'd recommend giving them a good scrub down with an outdoor tile cleaner and stiff bristle brush. The tiles should have a slip-resistance rating, and if they have a slick of algal growth on their surface, this could be an easy fix. You might not even be able to see this layer on them. Regardless of whether this works or not, you'll need to clean them before applying any anti-slip coating.

If that doesn't work, I suggest you speak to your property manager about the issue. If this is a slip hazard, I trust they'll be interested in working towards a resolution rather than hearing someone has had a bad fall.

I would recommend DTA 1L Anti Slip as it alters surface texture but maintains the floor's appearance. It's perfect for preventing slipping on patio tiles. It would be best to do a test section in an inconspicuous location to check that it doesn't change the appearance of the tiles at all.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thankyou Mitchell I have emailed the Property Manager and hope to hear back with some positive news.

Keep us updated @slowrider. We'll be keen to hear how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects