Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I join 2 pieces of a concrete driveway ramp?

ProfHenry
Getting Established

How do I join 2 pieces of a concrete driveway ramp?

A corner of my concrete driveway ramp about 250x170mm has broken away.  I have seen someone suggest that Bondcrete will satisfactorily join the two pieces; others recommend Liquid Nails.

Any advice?

2022-06-19 10.53.10.jpg

Thanks, Alan

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I join 2 pieces of a concrete driveway ramp?

Hi Alan (@ProfHenry),

Bondcrete is an additive to help adhesion but won't do much on its own, and Liquid nails is great at glueing items, but it's not designed for filling. Instead of these products, I recommend you use Timbermate Concremate Expanding Cement. I think you'll find it will do a much better job at filling the gap and providing a smooth transition between the two areas.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks again, Mitchell.

I'd hoped the 2 pieces would re-engage reasonably well but there will also need to be some gaps filled – I'll go down the path you've recommended.

cheers

Alan

Hi Mitchell, I have now used Concremate as you suggested on 2 different concrete repair jobs and it has worked extremely well.  I found it a bit fiddly to get the consistency just right but with practice that gets easier.  The results are both neat and durable even in awkward spots.

Thanks again

Alan

Well done Alan (@ProfHenry). Many thanks for the update. 

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects