Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I paint a marine ply nesting box?

DianeTDoyle
Finding My Feet

How do I paint a marine ply nesting box?

How do I paint a marine ply nesting box for a native parrot? The box will be placed on a tree in a paddock.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I paint a marine ply nesting box?

Hello @DianeTDoyle

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting a nesting box.

What an excellent project to be undertaking. I suggest using British Paints 1L White Low Sheen Exterior Paint And Prime. It's both primer and paint mixed into one saving you time and money. It can also be tinted to your preferred colour. I suggest a minimum of two coats inside and outside for your nesting box. Please make sure to expose the nesting box to full sun for a few days to make sure that the paint has fully cured. 

Would it be possible to post a picture of the nesting box once you've painted it? I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you've built.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to paint a kennel

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric for the detailed reply and tips. 

Hi @DianeTDoyle,

Did you make the birdbox yourself? As @EricL mentioned, we'd all be keen to see your finished results.

Keep us updated, and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects