Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I paint an outdoor fire pit?

DeniseM
Just Starting Out

How do I paint an outdoor fire pit?

I have a concrete eco smart fire bowl that is looking very sad. It has weathered, lost colour and hairline cracks now appearing. I would like to try and bring it back. Can anyone advise best approach to cleaning and painting this?A95078ED-B137-4099-B296-1C5DE681FC68.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I paint an outdoor fire pit?

Hello @DeniseM

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's lovely to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting your outdoor fire pit.

My first suggestion would be to contact the manufacturer of the firepit. I'm sure they will be able to tell you what paint was used initially on the outside of the fire pit. Looking at the photo you posted it does not seem that the sides of the pit have direct contact with the flames. 

However, in the interest of safety, I suggest using heat-resistant paint such as the White Knight 500ml Pot Belly Black High Temp Heat Resistant Paint or the Scandia 400g Metallic Black High Temp Enamel. These are for external applications only and are not meant for direct contact with open flames. 

In order to preserve the finish of your fire pit, I suggest covering it with some Heavy Duty Tarpaulin to protect it from the elements.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects