Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I screen this ugly brick wall on top of a tank?

whodini303
Finding My Feet

How do I screen this ugly brick wall on top of a tank?

tank.jpg

I want to make this tank look a lot nicer and have an outdoor setting on it. I will clean and paint the top but how do I make the holey brick wall look better? It will be a nightmare to paint due to all the holes. Can I screen it? If so, with what? Any ideas or suggestions are very much welcomed. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I screen this ugly brick wall on top of a tank?

Hello @whodini303 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about covering your brick wall.

I propose using Bamboo screening as a quick way to cover up the outside and inside part of your brick wall. Because the brick wall has a lot of holes in it, you can use it as a passageway for galvanized wire to hold the screening in place. I recommend using 90 x 22mm Decking H3 Treated Pine - 2.4m cut into sections to cover the top of the brick wall. I suggest gluing them on with Selleys 320g Liquid Nails Original Construction Adhesive.

Another suggestion would be to cover the brick with 90 x 22mm Decking H3 Treated Pine - 2.4m. In order to mount it, I suggest using 70 x 35mm Outdoor Framing MGP10 H3 Treated Pine - 2.4m cut into sections and placed in the gaps of the brick to be used as anchors for the treated pine. They can be screwed or nailed onto the timber piece in the wall. The following panel can then be nailed onto the first anchored piece followed by the next piece that has a timber anchor for it.

The top can again be covered with the same material cut into pieces to accommodate the curve of the brick. My only other suggestion is to fill the holes with builders mix and render the brick wall to a fine finish. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @whodini303,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

What do you think of Eric's suggestion?

Let me also tag other helpful members to see if they could share their thoughts on what they would do to improve the look of this tank:

@homeinmelbourne@diy_hausdesigns@prettyliving@Tara86 

Jason

Fantastic advice. Thank you. I think the bamboo screening will work well. 

Keep us updated on your project @whodini303 and please reach out if you need further assistance. 

I can't wait to see your results.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects