Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i fit a bunnings modular deck frame against a downpipe?

Gaztrish
Finding My Feet

How do i fit a bunnings modular deck frame against a downpipe?

I am installing a Bunnings modular deck that will fit against one wall of the house. How do I fit the frame around a down pipe so that there isn’t a large gap running the length of that wall. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do i fit a bunnings modular deck frame against a downpipe?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Gaztrish. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I would advise taking some Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 90 x 45mm and framing around the location that the downpipe will sit. You can then cut out the portion of the modular frame where the pipe will be located. The additional structure shown in blue will support the deck boards and allow you to cut them to fit up against pipe whilst also fixing them to solid timber. You can screw these additional supports in with Buildex 16-8 x 100mm Climacoat Type 17 Timber Construction Screw - 20 Pack.

By doing this the entire deck can be moved closer in towards the wall. Please bear in mind you'll still need a slight gap between the timber and the wall.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how do i fit a bunnings modular deck frame against a downpipe?

Thank you very much Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects