Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you make a plumbed dog toilet made from pallets

lizbdd
Just Starting Out

How do you make a plumbed dog toilet made from pallets

I dog-sit my neighbours’ dog when they are at work. I would like to make a plumbed dog toilet made from pallets when I am unable to take him for a walk. Preferably one that I can either roll away or fold up when he is not with me. Any suggestions? Plans, instructions, and list of materials I would require for this dog toilet would be much appreciated. He is a medium sized dog.

Dogtoilet.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you make a plumbed dog toilet made from pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lizbdd. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

You might like to add a sketch of your design or an image of a unit you've seen previously. That will help identify for our members exactly what you would like to build. I presume you want to make a self-draining platform which is covered in synthetic grass. Would that be correct?

I look forward to hearing additional details about your project and assisting you with the build.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you make a plumbed dog toilet made from pallets

Hi @lizbdd,

Many thanks for the addition of your image. 

You'll need to elevate the grass up off the base, allowing the liquid to escape from beneath. I'd suggest using a couple of Matrix 1200 x 400 x 40mm Charcoal Fast Floor Panels joined together. A piece of DIY Turf 1 x 1m 20mm Pile Grass Mat can be placed on top. You can use the pallet boards and runners to create the frame. A water-resistant base should be added if you don't want the liquids escaping onto the floor. A plumbed drain hose could also be installed. You might find it easier to build the frame and leave the bottom open, that way a garden hose can be used to wash the unit and floor down after use.

Mitchell

Dog1.pngDog2.pngDog3.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects