Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add decking over concrete?

tarlochan
Just Starting Out

How to add decking over concrete?

I am going deck in porch my question is how we can attach deck frame to concrete. Do we need angle? 
what screws we can use? 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: decking over concrete

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tarlochan. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members for this decking project as well as many others to come in the future.

Let me start by recommending that you check out our guide How to guide a low-level deck, written by D.I.Y. expert @Adam_W. I'd also recommend you share some photos so members can see what you are working with, plus perhaps a sketch of what you are planning to do. 

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will be more than happy to assist when he is back on the site on Friday. 

Many thanks, and please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: decking over concrete

Hi @tarlochan, and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

I trust the guide provided by @Jason has answered many of your questions, but I'm keen to assist further and encourage you to provide a few more details on your project. It would be great to know how high above the concrete slab you want the frame to sit and if there are any height restrictions you need to work within. Generally, you can use angled brackets connected to the concrete slab with Dynabolts. Coachscrews with a washer on them can be used to fix the bracket to the timber frame. It's always best to leave at least a 10mm gap under the frame to allow water drainage and airflow.

I look forward to hearing more about your project and providing advice as you complete it. Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

Angledeck.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects