Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add privacy panel to blueboard wall?

Steve5
Having an Impact

How to add privacy panel to blueboard wall?

Hi,

I've got a 200mm wide fake beser block wall built with rendered blue board on my property line.

I'd like to add something to increase the height by about 300mm so my neighbors and I can't wave to each other from our windows.

I've bolted plastic privacy screens on beser block walls elsewhere but don't want drill any holes which might leak.

Thinking about putting some empty planter boxes on top or planters on ground with high trellis attached.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to add privacy panel to blue board wall

Hi @Steve5,

It would really help our members understand what you're working with if you could post some images of the fence line. That would allow them to make some great suggestions. You might also like to show us how this fake Besser block wall is created.

Would the holes you drill in this wall leak? If so, you could apply Sikaflex to the holes and bolts prior to installing them. This would seal the holes and prevent any moisture from leaking through them. 

You might like to check out these 6 ways to add privacy to your home. Also, we have some guides that you could find useful: How to choose a screening plant, How to create privacy by planting and How to choose a heading plant.

Ultimately, extending the fence will be the most efficient way to create privacy. If we can find a solution to this leaking problem, it would open up many possibilities to resolve the issue over a weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated on your project @Steve5

Please let me know if you need further assistance, as I'm keen to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects