Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to adjust glass pool gate?

Aneska
Finding My Feet

How to adjust glass pool gate?

I am trying to adjust my Bunnings glass pool gate hinge. It doesn't appear to have a pin.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Glass Pool Gate

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Aneska. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question on pool gate adjustment.

Could we trouble you for some more details on the type/brand of pool hinge you have and what type of adjustment is necessary? Are you trying to increase the closing tension or perhaps level the gate? An image of the hinge would also be helpful. Once we know these details, our knowledgeable members will be much better placed in providing a solution to your issue.

Many thanks.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

20210817_142426.jpg

I believe the pool gate hinges are from Bunnings. The pool and glass fence were installed before I bought the house in December 2016.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Aneska

Thank you for posting a photo of the glass fence hinge. Since you've mentioned that it looks like there is no pin, it is possible that the only hinge working is the one at the bottom. One way to find out if the pin is still in the first hinge is to use a Craftright 2 Piece Metric And Imperial Hex Key Set.

The first step is to find the biggest key that will fit into the adjustment collar of the hinge. Insert the key into one of the holes on the adjustment collar. Turn the collar using the Allen key as a lever clockwise. Do not apply too much pressure to the collar in case it has already deteriorated. A new pin will have to be purchased if the old one has snapped or gone missing.

Here is a handy step-by-step video: How to install a frameless glass pool fence

Near the end of the video, there is a very good example of the pool hinge being adjusted. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects