Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach access door frame to masonry?

Rob6
Just Starting Out

How to attach access door frame to masonry?

I need to replace the little door that gives access to under the house and I notice that the door frame has loosened i.e. it is not securely attached to the bricks. How do I fix this? 

Rob6

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to attach access door frame to masonry?

Hi @Rob6,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your projects from our wonderful community.

Could we please trouble you for some photos so we can see what you are working with? Then members will be in a better position to suggest how to repair the door frame.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach access door frame to masonry?

Hello @Rob6

Thanks for sharing that question about your access door to under the house. There are a few ways to fix the hatch to the masonry wall, you can use adhesives, masonry screws or a combination of wall plugs and screws. It of course depends on the condition of the hatch and the masonry we are attaching to. As my colleague suggested a few pictures of the hatch and wall would be very handy. It will allow our members to assess its condition. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects