Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach rope light to roof sheets?

derek86
Just Starting Out

How to attach rope light to roof sheets?

Hi, I'm trying to work how to attach the rope light to my corrugated roof sheets. It's 2m X 80cm frame as in pic below. Was going to use a bracket and slide it under between the sheeting and beam but not sure how to go about it. Any suggestions will be much appreciated thanks Derek 

Screenshot_2022-11-21-21-27-58-10_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach rope light to roof sheets?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @derek86. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing festive lights on a roof.

Was the intention to lay the sign down on the roof or have it stand upright? Having it upright will require a couple of solid brackets at the correct angle attached to the roof. If you're laying it down as the roof's pitch allows it to be viewable, then it sounds like you're on the right track with the brackets slid under the roof sheets. Another option might be to create some brackets with Carinya 20 x 600 x 1mm Flat Make-a-Bracket - single and attach those using the roofing sheet screws. You could back a couple out of the roof and screw them through the bracket and back into the roof. Just be sure to leave the rubber sealing washer on the roof sheet so it continues to prevent water from entering the screw hole.

Remember to be particularly careful when working at heights. You might like to read through this article on How to use ladders safely.

If you can, take a few pictures of the roof area where you wish to fix the sign and let us know the desired orientation, I'm sure our clever members will be able to come up with some other solutions too.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects