Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a Colorbond site gate

calccom21
Building a Reputation

How to build a Colorbond site gate

Hi All, 

I wanted to build a simple colorbond gate as attached ( note sample took from Facebook). Nothing too fancy.  Is there a video from bunnings how to build or materials that I need especially the vertical and horizontal metal. What is needed?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to build a Colorbond site gate

Hi again @calccom21,

You might like to share some photos or a sketch of what you have planned. If you tried to attach something, I'm sorry that we only offer the ability to add photos and videos to posts for security reasons. Feel free to give me a shout if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Regarding your project, I would encourage you to check out the D.I.Y. side gate Workshop member @Tara86 built by following a Bunnings tutorial. There's an alternative style gate in the project How to build a picket gate.  

If you can please let us know a little more details about your project I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts @EricL and @MitchellMc will be happy to assist with recommendations for the best products to use.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a Colorbond site gate

Hello @calccom21 

I suggest having a look at this discussion - How to install a Colorbond fence gate? by @usmanjawaid. The Colorbond gate comes in different sizes and come as a kit. I suggest measuring the area you wish to cover with a gate and bring the measurements to the special orders desk of your store. You can then ask the special orders team for a quote for the gate size you're after.

However, there are other alternatives available such as timber gates, adjustable steel frame gates and pre-built panels that can be turned into gates.   

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects