Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a deck around a tree?

Jannette
Just Starting Out

How to build a deck around a tree?

Hi, I am very new to all this sort of thing, so forgive me if I sound stupid :smile:

I need to find out how much decking I will need for this area, we are wanting to build around the tree of course. the measurements for it are 4,600 x 4,400 can anyone please help?

decking.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Building a Deck around a tree

Hi @Jannette,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is great to have you with us and sharing your planned decking project.

The quantity of materials you will require is dependent on a few factors such as the layout and direction of the frame and the size of the decking timber that you will be using. 

Have a look at these handy calculators from Specrite and Ekodeck, two of Bunnings' decking suppliers:

These tools will give you some guidance on the quantity of decking material you will require based on your style choice and layout preferences and should help to clarify in your mind the style of deck you are after.

I also suggest having a look at these handy guides for some advice on the process of building a deck:

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects