Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a deck with H3 treated Pine?

savtar13
Just Starting Out

How to build a deck with H3 treated Pine?

Hi Guys 

I have to build up a deck with 90x45 H3 treated pine i have couple of question if anyone can help me 

1) which paint i can use to protect the timber framing i m already using joist deck tape but i need to protect all of the framing 

2) which screws and what size i have to used it for joists

3) I have look the treated pine screws it has 2 options one is with Countersink Head screw Drive and the other one is Countersink Rib Head Philips drive 

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a deck with H3 treated Pine?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @savtar13. It's marvelous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about constructing a deck.

Bitumen paint would be suitable for sealing your timber.

If you're screwing through 45mm thick joists into the end of others, I'd recommend going for Buildex RapidDrive Treated Pine Screws 10g x 100 mm (10 TPI) Climacoat - Box of 50.

You could use Zenith 8 - 10 x 100mm Treated Pine Countersunk Head Screws, but It would be worth using the thicker gauge as linked above as they are significantly thicker and will add to the rigidity of your deck.

Here's a couple of helpful guides: How to build a deck and How to build a low-level deck.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects