Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a decking base?

Dazzag
Getting Established

How to build a decking base?

Building a pergola out the back off the alfresco,looking to find someone who does composite decking,im looking for someone to do the base only as I’m doing the boards myself,any help would be appreciated thank you 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: decking base

Hello @Dazzag

Thank you for sharing your question about building a decking base. I'm so sorry, but I can't recommend anyone and unfortunately, it's a service that's not yet available at the store. However, I can suggest placing the job on Airtasker or Freelancer. Just make sure to put in as much detail as you can about the job so that you'll get good quotes. You can also search for local registered builders who might want to do this type of job.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the area and the size of the decking frame you wish to have built? I'm sure our members would be keen to see where you plan on building your deck. Just in case you change your mind I've placed Bunning's seven-part series on how to build a deck below.

Here is a handy guide on how to build a deck:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dazzag
Getting Established

Re: How to build a decking base?

6997536F-81E2-4E14-ABF3-5456C8A5F417.jpeg

 that’s the area it’s about 3.5m from alfresco n 3.5 wide,was going to use decking base from Bunnings,plus adjustable steel feet on pavers 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Thanks for the additional details, @Dazzag.

If you are interested in using the Good Times modular decking frames to construct the deck yourself, then I'm sure our members will be more than happy to provide guidance. Here's the installation documentation if you'd like to have a read-through of it. 

Please let us know if there are any questions we can assist with.

Mitchell

Dazzag
Getting Established

Hii Mitchell,no I’m using antique composite decking from brite deck to match decking done side of house thank you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Ok, no worries, @Dazzag. When you mentioned that you were going to use the Bunnings decking bases, I presumed you might have been referencing our modular decking frames.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects