Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build an outdoor playset?

Court1991
Just Starting Out

How to build an outdoor playset?

Hi everyone! 

I am a beginner here that has some familiarity with tools and very small projects. I want to make a playset for my son and just look at the best wooden planks and posts to use for this structure. Is H4 treated pine appropriate for this or not? I have seen mixed reviews. The platform will be around a 1m x 2m. It will have a slide and small climbing frame attached with a railing wrapped around the top. I’ve done up my measurements just wondering the best products to use. Thanks for your help! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Outdoor playset

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Court1991. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a play frame.

You'll need to use H3-treated Pine posts which are suitable for above-ground use. There's also a variety of other H3-treated framing timbers that are suitable and decking is good to use too. You just need to stick away from H4-treated timber that was treated with CCA; that's just for landscaping purposes.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects