Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build low-level decking?

kris87
Just Starting Out

How to build low-level decking?

I have never built a low level deck before, as iv never had issue with ground clearance, iv also only ever built bearer and joist framed decking structures, I am currently about to start framing a deck and my heights are concerning as I an set by existing structures I cannot alter, were you saying earlier I can frame it in 90x45? That would be ideal as I could raise it accordingly to meet my minimum/maximum rise  (220mm) for where it will step down to an existing surface.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: low level decking

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kris87. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about constructing a low-level deck.

You might like to check out this helpful guide: How to build a low-level deck. Typically, our members use 90 x 45mm timber for constructing a single-layer deck, and if it is adequately supported, it will be suitable for your project. These adjustable pedestal feet can come in handy when you have differing heights to accommodate; they make it super simple to level a deck.

For some inspiration, have a look at our Top 10 most popular deck projects.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects