Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clad concrete retaining wall using Hardie Axon?

kennymc
Finding My Feet

How to clad concrete retaining wall using Hardie Axon?

85C3763B-6349-4FFB-A78A-1B7B49433882.jpeg

28BEDB10-71F8-4490-A1B0-59536C535910.jpeg

We have a 300mm high by 30m retaining wall that runs down one side of our house that we hate the look, we also want to raise the hight roughly 70mm to the bottom side of the fence so we can dig out some weeds and install plans along the top. The plan is to attach some H3 timber framing to the concrete retaining wall and put some James Hardie axon cladding over the top to match the fence (Inspo pic supplied) iv drawn up a picture (supplied) of what I plan to do but any help with what products I should use to attach the side of retaing wall and top would be great appreciated :smile: 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: VJ panels over concrete retaining wall

Hi @kennymc 

Thanks for sharing your question about attaching James Hardie Axon onto your concrete retaining wall. I recommend having a look at the following materials for your build:

I propose drawing up your plans and firming up your measurements so that you can quantify the amount of timber you'll need and be able to determine the number of anchors needed. I don't recommend using plastic wall plugs as they often fail in open weather.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated on your project @kennymc, and please reach out again if you get stuck or have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects