Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to deep clean dirty travertine pavers?

Ron_1428
Finding My Feet

How to deep clean dirty travertine pavers?

I normally clean (with a guerni) and seal our travertine pavers which are under our alfresco and pool area on a yearly basis.  We have a golden retriever so one part in particular it's very dirty where he sleeps and sits daily.

What is the best way to deep clean our pavers to bring them up the best I can?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to deep clean dirty travertine pavers

Hello @Ron_1428

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about how to deep clean dirty Travertine pavers.

I recommend using Gerni 5L All Purpose Detergent in combination with the Oates Compact Deck Scrub Brush. If your golden retriever's spot is proving to be stubborn, I suggest using CLR 750ml Oil And Grease Remover. Please make sure to follow the instructions at the back as this is a concentrated product. Make sure to wash off the detergent and not let it dry on the pavers to prevent soap stains. Once the pavers are totally dry you can apply your sealer once again.

Your dog has found the perfect spot in your covered area. I recommend building him/her a nice timber lounge. This will prevent the dog's body oil from tarnishing the pavers and keeps them from sleeping on the cold hard surface.

Here is a link to a handy guide: How to deep clean outdoor pavers, concrete, tiles, and decking

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to deep clean dirty travertine pavers

Thanks Eric

Much appreciated.

Your tips were most helpful and I'll definitely try out your recommendations.

Our dog already has a trampoline bed but through the day he prefers to lay on the pavers.

Again, thanks.  Once I get around to deep clean the pavers I'll post how it all went for anyone else's future information. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects