Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to encourage growth in lawn patches?

amichaelmedia
Cultivating a Following

How to encourage growth in lawn patches?

1000007980.jpg

Hey team. After top dressing last month, lawn hasn't bounced back in parts where I scalped a little and also is the highest point in the yard. I've given some liquid fert. And watered more, but what else can I do to get these patches out? More top soil?

1000007979.jpg

1000007978.jpg

   

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Lawn issue after top dressing

Good morning @amichaelmedia if you can aerate those patches with a garden fork that will help with any drainage issues. You could add a little bit more of the top dress on the patches. May I ask if you water at night ? If so please stop as that will cause fungal problems with your lawn. Liquid feeding will help and you have done that. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes. Good luck 🪴😊

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lawn issue after top dressing

Hi @amichaelmedia,

Some great advice there from @mich1972. I'd also add that you need to give the lawn time to grow into the areas. Four weeks isn't a huge amount of time for a lawn to infill. I'm currently two months into trying to get my lawn to cover patched areas and still have far more bare areas than your lawn. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects