Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to finish a deck with facia boards?

Jo22
Just Starting Out

How to finish a deck with facia boards?

The deck and ramp are already built.  I'm happy with them.

First photo shows deck and ramp.

It was suggested to me (by a tradesman) that the facia boards could be added all the way to the ground to give a neater look as I was having concrete pathways installed.

I don't understand his quote and am unhappy with his work but he claims to once screwed off everything will align. (please see next 3 photo's).

There is more, especially the quote.  Please,as we have PAID and I need to know where I stand.

Regards,

Jo

Finished deck - HappyFinished deck - Happy

Finished deck - Happy

20230505_084845.jpg

20230505_084929.jpg

20230505_085043.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Deck quality and installation questions

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jo22. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about decking installation.

The joints between the boards appear to be rather rough, and the end grain has been split due to not pre-drilling the timber. There should be minimal gaps between the board joints for an acceptable result.

I can't imagine there is much aligning that could be done to fix this problem. I'd suggest that you allow them the chance to resolve the issues and then if you're still not happy, pursue other avenues to have the issues rectified.

Please let me know if you have any questions I can assist with.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects