Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Zip track track onto Hebel exterior alfresco?

indy
Just Starting Out

How to fix Zip track track onto Hebel exterior alfresco?

How do I fix the tracks for Outdoor ziptrack blinds to my hebel posts of alfresco.

Also, a yradie drilled big holes into my hebel walls to attach a gate. How can I seal the holes. 

Thank you for your help

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: fixing Zip track track on to Hebel exterior alfresco

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @indy. It's great to have you join us.

Let me tag our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc who will be able to help with your questions.

Look forward to hearing all about your projects around the house and garden.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: fixing Zip track track on to Hebel exterior alfresco

Welcome, @indy and many thanks for your question.

I would suggest the best place to find detailed installation instructions for your Ziptrak blinds would be with the manufacturer. They should be able to provide you with information on whether Hebel is a suitable medium to fix into and what type of fixing you should use on it. There is only a certain amount of weight Hebel is capable of holding because it is not as strong as a brick wall.

Generally, when installing objects into Hebel, a masonry drill bit is used in a drill set to a non-hammer function mode. Ramplugs are the suggested fixing mechanism on Hebel, and you shouldn't use a mechanically expanding fixing like a Dynabolt as it might crack the soft material.

You can patch the holes with Polyfilla 500g Exterior Masonry Poly. This is a paintable product, so you'll be able to match the existing colour of the walls.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects