Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix cracks in rendered wall?

henry2546
Just Starting Out

How to fix cracks in rendered wall?

Hi 

I really need some advices on how to fix cracks on render wall pls . Because it’s a new house and im really screwed up 

I’m really grateful if anyone can help me with this 

44D3C52B-311B-40F1-B209-095C88E463A0.jpeg

2D7E8DEC-58D3-45B1-BD88-62E29B6EF5DB.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix cracks

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @henry2546. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling cracks.

Those types of fine cracks a pretty normal on a new build. Small cracks will develop as the building settles and everything finds its place. It's not something to be worried about unless they continue to get larger. I'd suggest the easiest option would be to fill them all with a small amount of Selleys 415g Brick And Concrete Sealant. If the wall colour is more white than grey, try Selleys 430g White No More Gaps Exterior Gap Filler.

Leave the nozzle small and squirt a thin bead of silicone along the length of the crack with a caulking gun. Wet a finger in soapy water and run it down the bead of silicone, pushing it into the crack whilst smoothing it off.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects