Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damaged rendered brickwork?

chiragarora
Finding My Feet

How to fix damaged rendered brickwork?

I damage a driveway while taking my car out to want to know how this can be fixed. Looks fairy simple however I am not an expert so want to check.

IMG_7898.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fix the damage driveway

Hi @chiragarora 

sorry about your brick work but it is pretty painless to fix.

Simply buy some render  mix a steel  trowel  for clean application and most importantly render shaping and final finish.

Mix render up  per bag instructions in a  bucket on on a clean wood board and  spritz  the damaged  bricks/concrete and proceed to rebuild your wall shapes.

Using a steel trowel to push the render to the wall and create a flat smooth corner shape.

If the render tries to peel off the wall put it back into the bucket and let it stand  for 10 mins so it starts to stiffen up partially set and dry out.

Tip  : a bigger trowel like below will sit on concrete face and span across the  repair area at the same time  helping you form correct dimentions.

Try again you should be golden

Dunlop 20kg Multipurpose Acrylic Render I/N: 0760242 $15.98

https://www.bunnings.com.au/dunlop-20kg-multipurpose-acrylic-render_p0760242

Craftright 280mm Plasterers Trowel  I/N: 5960138  $6.48

https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright-280mm-plasterers-trowel_p5960138

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @chiragarora. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing brickwork.

I see @Jewelleryrescue has already provided some excellent advice, and I'd second the method they've suggested.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we can't wait to see your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much. Will follow the instructions. 

Keep us updated, @chiragarora, and reach out if you get stuck or have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects