Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix paving around the pool?

ethan18
Getting Established

How to fix paving around the pool?

Hey I need a good brand of paving lock or paving set this it the brand that we got  from  Frio-stone  they say it’s white, but it’s not  I followed the instructions correctly but it keeps washing out 

IMG_8570.jpeg

IMG_8569.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix this issue with the paving

Hello @ethan18 

Thanks for sharing your question about filling in between pavers. I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with that particular product from Adbri. I suggest having a look at the Easy Mix 20kg Paver Bond Polymeric Sand. It is a blend of kiln-dried fine sand and a gelling agent formulated to create a cohesive joint between pavers. Once activated with water, the gelling agent causes the sand to clump together which makes it more difficult for ants to burrow and for weeds to take root.

However, if you are a stronger filler, I suggest using the sand and cement mix which is 5:1. That would be 5 parts sand and one part of cement. Once brushed into the gaps brush off any excess material off the pavers. Use the mist function on your garden gun to wet the mixture and it will harden in place. Your goal is to get it wet and not wash it away.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to pave a pathway. (at the three-minute mark you'll see how the gaps are filled)

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects