Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix security camera to eave?

Monument
Building a Reputation

How to fix security camera to eave?

Hi,

I have purchased a Wireless security camera that I would like to place under the eave outside my Garage. The Camera has a short piggy-tail power cord and then a longer cable to join to it with an adaptor/plug. 

While I can mount it to the eave and put the cable through I'm afraid roof spaces are a complete mystery to me. So my question is, how do I access the short power cable from the camera inside the eave to join it to the long power cable so that I can introduce that into the Garage and plug it into a power point?

I'm not keen on getting up into the roof space as we have a steel frame roof and tradies in the past have been nervous about the frame holding their weight. In addition, I think it would be a difficult spot to access.

So I am hoping there is a method that is a shortcut for accessing the Camera power cord to bring it into the Garage.

Thanks very much for any help.

Eave.jpgSecurity Camera.jpg

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to fix security camera to eave?

Please remember when working in any ceiling space to switch all power sources off including the main switch and any Solar DC Isolators.

https://youtu.be/AVHLSGA4Kio

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects