Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get my grass back to grass and not mud?

teedm
Just Starting Out

How to get my grass back to grass and not mud?

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

Hey guys first time posting, we are wanting to fix our grass area. It is very muddy and we have dead patches everywhere, any ideas on what to do? Thank you in advance

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: get my grass back to grass and not mud

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @teedm. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about restoring a lawn.

It sounds like you have two issues to address that could be related. First is that you need to improve the drainage in the area to prevent water-logged soil, and the second is repairing the lawn. I'd suggest you start with the drainage, and I trust you'll find these two articles useful: How to fix a muddy lawn and How to install garden drainage

After installing adequate drainage, you can look at repairing the lawn. Once again, you should find these two articles helpful: How to detect lawn problems and How to repair a lawn.

Once you've read through these articles, please let us know if you have any questions we can assist with. With our knowledgeable members' help, I'm sure you'll have your lawn looking A+ in no time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Mitchell will definetly get onto it asap

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated @teedm, and please reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects