Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of pigeons?

Hen
Finding My Feet

How to get rid of pigeons?

Want to know if you have any way I can get rid of pigeons . My neighbour had heaps of pigeons and he recently passed away,and now we are left with these pests.

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to get rid of pigeons?

Hello @Hen,

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We hope you find the site a wonderful resource for useful D.I.Y. advice and inspiring ideas.

Sorry to read of your pigeon infestation problem. I'm sure our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be able to assist once he's back online later today.

In the meantime, you might like to read through these previous discussions in case they help:

Suggestions in those discussions include adding bird netting/spikes, gutter guard, or installing fake owls.

Hope this helps.

Akanksha 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pigeons

Hi @Hen 

Sorry to hear that you have a pigeon infestation. Aside from the traditional methods of bird deterrence, I suggest having a look at Multicrop 400g Scat Bird And Animal Repellent and Jack 30m Pest Control Humming Tape.

You can also try traditional methods such as mixing cayenne pepper mixed in some with some water in a spray bottle. Spray along the areas where the pigeons like to roost, the strong smell is offensive to pigeons.

One other method is to setup a temporary Pope Rain Tower Sprinkler. You can link this to your garden timer and activate it with your phone if pigeons are roosting on your fence. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Hen
Finding My Feet

Thank you for your reply , the person that had them all ,has  sadly passed away ,his family took most of the birds ,but there is still a few hanging around ,I think they will eventually go I hope.   Regards Heather

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Hen (Heather)

Just remember that pigeons are creatures of habit. If you discourage them long enough, they will transfer to another location.

Eric

Hen
Finding My Feet

I am aware of that . I’m praying they will all go soon 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects