Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang Hills clothes line to Hardy Linea board?

coyote
Getting Established

How to hang Hills clothes line to Hardy Linea board?

Hi. I'm needing to fix a Hills double wall mount clothes line to hardy linnear weatherboard under a carport.

I've seen this thread but it's about a thinner board product: https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Bathroom-and-Laundry/Hanging-a-wall-mount-clothesline/td-p/4...

The studs don't match but I saw in the thread above a mention that you could just screw into thicker concrete board. 

Could someone please verify this and advise on what to use to fix it in place?

Thanks. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hang Hills clothes line to Hardy Linea board?

Hi @coyote 

I'm afraid that having a thicker 6mm board is not enough to hold the clothesline in place. The best suggestion in the discussion was to install a timber piece across the stud wall and thereby providing a strong mounting point for the clothesline. They even mentioned what wood and screws to use to anchor it in place. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
coyote
Getting Established

Thanks for the reply.

Our board is 16mm thick is that what you meant?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @coyote,

You'd need to add an additional board over your 16mm Hardie Linea board attached to the studs in order to attach the clothesline to it. In the discussion you've linked to, it's mentioned that for fixing the board to the studs Buildex 14-10 x 100mm Climacoat Bugle Head Batten Timber Screws - 25 Pack would be suitable. For the clothesline, use the thickest 40mm galvanised coach screws that will fit through the holes in your brackets.

Depending on how long the clothesline mounting brackets are, you might need to use two 90 x 35mm H3 MGP 10 Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing next to each other. A board similar to 140 x 19mm KD Select Grade Merbau Decking - Linear Metre should be sufficient.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

coyote
Getting Established

Thanks Mitchell,

I was hoping to avoid a board for looks. But I'll follow your advice. Thanks again

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @coyote 

I suspect that having the timber piece will be better in the long run. Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your laundry clothesline up and running.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

coyote
Getting Established

I found I have got a length of facial board 230 x 25 in the shed so am tackling it this arvo. The studs are in the right spot but also have to allow for a piece of conduit. 

I thought I'd add a piece of the fascia at each stud so it sits out and let's the conduit go under it. The screws will go through the 2 x 25 fascia &16 mm linnear and into the stud. Fingers crossed.

Lucky I'm not paid by the hour!

20240323_115959.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects