Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hide this grease trap?

Tywoodpk
Growing in Experience

How to hide this grease trap?

I have this ugly grease trap (I assume) outside my back veranda and I’d love to hide it. It’s never been touch in the past 6 years, and when I lift the concrete lid, there’s nothing inside the concrete box.

Is it still needed?   I’m on a septic system, so I don’t know if it’s needed.  If I can’t get rid of it, how can I disguise it? 

B06116DB-8533-4388-B29E-ECA2A96D27B3.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ugly grease trap - how can I hide it?

Hello @Tywoodpk

Thanks for sharing your question about how to hide your grease trap. Putting extra pavers on top of those will become a tripping hazard, I suggest either putting a timber seat to cover that area or a raised garden bed. I've placed some images below to give you an idea of how to position the seat. Please let me know what you think.

The raised garden bed would occupy the same space as the timber seat. The advantage of using a seat is that you can lift the seat out of the way if you need access to these areas. Compared to the garden bed where you will need the help of another person to lift it away.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Tywoodpk
Growing in Experience

Wow, thanks so much, Eric!  The seat is a great idea!   I’ll get onto it this weekend! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated @Tywoodpk, and please reach out if you get stuck. I can't wait to see your results!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects