Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a slide into the ground?

gardeningmum
Just Starting Out

How to install a slide into the ground?

Hi,

I’d like to install the 2.2m swing slide climb slide in the garden but into the ground. Any ideas on how to secure the top part? Attached is a picture of where it would go. The 2.2m one should fit just right (I think!).

Thanks!

2D929D21-AAF2-4ADD-8D36-33BE91EBA2CB.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a slide into the ground?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @gardeningmum. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about mounting a slide.

You should be able to create a relatively straightforward mount by concreting two posts into the soil. You can then screw a horizontal section on top of them with landscape screws. I've added a rendering below to illustrate. The height of the posts can be altered to set the steepness of the slide. The slide comes with a mounting plate that can be attached to the horizontal post.

I'd recommend you paint the posts with an exterior coating such as Dulux Weathershield.

I would highly suggest removing those rocks from the fall zone as a serious injustice could occur due to them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects