Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install outdoor servery bench below window?

Holdent
Finding My Feet

How to install outdoor servery bench below window?

Hi there, we are looking at installing a servers bench below this window. one that we can put stools under and also serve food from inside. 

Not sure how to start, especially with the sloping down bricks below 

DFCA2967-3266-4EE7-89B7-C35391B2F1D8.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install servery bench

Hello @Holdent 

Thank you for sharing your question about installing a servery bench by your window. One of the most common work arounds when installing a servery in front of a brick window is to use timber mounts on the brick surface. This will then allow you to screw the benchtop at exactly the correct height that you need. Another method is to use angle brackets that have again been packed with timber.

Here are some excellent servery projects our Workshop members have shared:

I suggest taking some measurements first to to give you an idea of what kind of timber you'll need to create your mounting point. The timber can be mounted to the brick surface using Dynabolts.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Holdent
Finding My Feet

Re: How to build a kids tree house?

Thank you so much. i am really lost as to how to create the timber wedges to ensure i have a right angle when attaching to downsloping bricks? any ideas?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a kids tree house?

Hello @Holdent 

A good example of how to attach timber to the angled brick is seen in @daniknight4's Cafe-style breakfast bar

I suggest grabbing some timber off cuts so that you can do a preliminary setup. A panel is first placed at the bottom of the angled brick. You then place the benchtop on top of the angled timber piece with the edge of the benchtop in line with the windows bottom. Use a spirit level to make sure that the benchtop is straight and true.

Mark the position of the bottom panel with a pencil. This will be your guide on where to place the bottom supporting piece of the servery bench. Once you've anchored the panel in with the Dynabolts, you then place the benchtop over the supporting piece and screw them together. You then place Dynabolts in the corners and in the middle to secure the benchtop.

I've placed a sample sketch to give you an idea of how it can be done. Please let me know what you think.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Holdent servery1.jpg

Thank You Eric.

Will look into. I asu e a timber mount is timber that sits on the lower side of the brick?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Holdent,

Yes, the timber mount would be angled lower section of timber that the bench will screw into. @daniknight4's project Cafe-style breakfast bar would be the closest to your situation as the bricks are angled and protruding quite far out from the wall. After installing the angle timber mount, you can see that she boxed in the sides to conceal the angled bricks.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects