Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to keep sun out of patio area?

lynda49
Just Starting Out

How to keep sun out of patio area?

I would like to make a free standing shade fence of sort with shade cloth to hang at diffent parts of my patio as the sun moves .It gets really hot at times when the sun beats down on our backs 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to keep sun out of patio area

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lynda49. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating a shaded patio.

You might like to start by providing our helpful members with some dimensions of the area you need to cover and the size of the required shadecloth frame. Some images of the area would be really helpful for our members when providing informed solutions. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Does your patio have posts that a permanent frame could be constructed within to hang the shadecloth on?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes it dose .I measured this morning  it is 8 ft 7 ins in long and 7ft high .sorry no good with metric only feet and inches .that shows how old I am 

I am not sure how to up load images sorry

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Would you like to make this a movable frame instead of permanently mounting the frame between patio posts @lynda49? If so, I'd be happy to design something for you, but you need to remember it will act like a sail and, in high winds, be pushed over. That's why I'd be interested to know whether a more permanent solution is available.

Once you have the image on your computer hard drive or phone camera roll, add it to your response post using the below buttons in the reply window.

Mitchell

images.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects