Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to kill weeds in this area?

coreyw
Growing in Experience

How to kill weeds in this area?

Needing some advice on how to deal with the weed problem in this area please. Is there an easier way to kill them then just weed killer pump. And would mulching the ground after removing them all would that be the best way to stop them from coming back 

thank you ! ☺️ 

IMG_0367.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Weed Problem

Hi @coreyw,

Spraying weed killer would likely be the easiest way to kill the plants. You might like to get in there with a brushcutter or mower and cut them all down to the soil before immediately applying the weedkiller. The only other option for removal I could think of would be a rotary tiller or by hand.

Mulching in a thick layer would help suppress weeds. However, you might like to cover the area with black plastic for several months to try and kill off any remaining weeds. Adding weed matting under your mulch would add an extra layer of prevention.

Remember your PPE when spraying the weedkiller including face mask, safety glasses, gloves, long-sleeved shirt and trousers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to kill weeds in this area?

Hello @coreyw,

Great to see you've received advice from Mitch regarding your weed problem.

I just wanted to jump in this discussion to also suggest reading our Best Advice article How to control weeds in your garden? The article has been viewed thousands of times by our members and might help with your weed issues.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
coreyw
Growing in Experience

Re: Weed Problem

Amazing! thanks a lot for the help really appreciate it!  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects