Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to level the frame for decking?

mesunil
Finding My Feet

How to level the frame for decking?

Hi everyone , 

I am trying to build the composite deck in my alfresco . As the conceret floor is little bit uneven all around and the level of the concrete with the entry door is just 133mm high .And the size of the deck i am trying to build is 5050×3131mm. So  just wanted to know how can i level the base for the decking without laying the structure in the ground and level with the door ( if possible bit low than the door level). Thank you all in advance 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to level the frame for decking?

Hello @mesunil

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about decking.

Building a low-level deck is currently a popular topic in the community. Here is a link to a discussion that addresses some of your queries about how to level your build: Low-level decking construction. In it, you will also find recommendations on how to layout the frame so that it matches the height of your entry door. 

Here is an excellent step-by-step guide by one of our experienced members: How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W

This is one of our featured projects that used a pedestal foot system to address uneven floors: Low profile deck with screening and steps by @MGusto 

If you need more advice or information please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

thank you for the information , was helpful 

shauny
Building a Reputation

Pedestal feet, or Klevaklip adjustable joist hangers - depending on your frame construction style.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects