Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make an outdoor cement table?

andymazzu
Just Starting Out

How to make an outdoor cement table?

IMG_2224.png

I’m looking to make this outdoor table but unsure of the product I need for the table. It is something like exterior mineral cement, supposedly a blend of cement, sand, and aggregates.

basically I have a table and I want to make it cement look for the balcony. What type of bunnings cement can I use? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: what product do i need

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @andymazzu. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about creating an outdoor cement table.

I am unaware of any products designed for the use you've described. Our cement products are typically used for construction purposes. A blend of cement, sand and aggregates is typically referred to as concrete. However, I suspect the blue metal aggregate used in our construction concretes likely differs substantially from any blends in products specifically designed for coating table tops. I would imagine the aggregates would be of a much finer size.

You might consider products like Lanko 20kg 702 Durabed Structural Grout, oxides for colouring and your own blend of aggregates if you're going for more of a terrazzo look to the cement.

Perhaps you might like to post some pictures of your table and include details such as what it's made from so our members can better understand what you're working with. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects