Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to mount pergola on top of modern deck?

tarun1arora
Getting Established

How to mount pergola on top of modern deck?

Hi,

If I use the modern decking system which comes with steel footing, can I mount the mimosa semi permanent (openable louvers) pergola on it? Or the pergola has to be attached with concrete to the ground?

Something liks this but on a modern deck or using a pedestal system.

Modern deck: https://youtu.be/1tjQdmsmkP8?si=b_lFDx6QKO-KspXx)

Pergola mount: https://youtu.be/Tk6HWBXv0II?si=I7FcdQTx-7yZP0ra 

Will the modern deck or pedestal desk hold the pergola well?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to mount pergola on top of modern deck?

Hi @tarun1arora,

That's most likely a question best posed to your local council. Our semi-permanent gazebos are designed and have been tested for mounting to a solid structure, like a concrete slab or footers. If you wish to attach them to a deck, your council might require site-specific engineering documents when submitting your project for approval. You'd need to have an engineer design the deck so it is capable of providing the foundation for the gazebo. Your best option would be to install the gazebo onto a slab/concrete footers and build the deck around the legs.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitch, I thought so. But the deck will be higher and if I mount the pergola under, the pergola height will not be that much. How do I raise the height of the pergola? Should I make the concrete footer on height just under the deck??

Creating a raised concrete footer would be an option @tarun1arora.  How high will the deck be?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects