Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to neaten and protect a concrete patio edge?

GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

How to neaten and protect a concrete patio edge?

Hey all, I have poured a very small extension to my old patio as my daughter was diagnosed with a disability that will require a wheelchair and therefore we needed more room for her to turn before entering the house. The slab sits approx 80-100mm above the grass level and we are getting ready to tile it.

I was wondering what to do with the vertical concrete of the slab to make it look less rough. The tiles will have a black l angle to protect them. The concrete is ok, but obviously not super clean and it would be nice to not have a rough edge leading into the house as it will look messy.

I'd rather not build up the grass level as it would mean a small hill for my daughter to get up in her chair - I was pondering maybe using aluminum to edge the whole pad?

Thanks

Ben

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to neaten and protect a concrete patio edge?

Hi @GingerNinja,

We'd be happy to help. Could we trouble you for a photo so members can see what you are working with?

The dimensions might be handy too as there might be an existing product that @EricL could recommend. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
GingerNinja
Cultivating a Following

Grab one tonight and get back to you :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @GingerNinja 

A photo of the concrete patio will definitely help our members assess its condition. We can then make recommendations on how to neaten its appearance.   

If you need a hand posting the photo, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects