Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint cracks in concrete pool?

troyjacy
Just Starting Out

How to paint cracks in concrete pool?

H im looking at painting my concrete pool i have removed all the old paint and have found  cracks at the bottom should i use a concrete sealer then can it be painted over with rubberised pool paint 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to paint cracks in concrete pool?

Hi @troyjacy,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Apologies for the delay in responding to your question. I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will assist as soon as he can. In the meantime, you might like to share some photos of the cracks so members can see what you are working with and provide more specific and helpful advice. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cracks in concrete pool

Hello @troyjacy

Thank you for sharing your question about filling cracks in your concrete swimming pool.

In order for us to give you accurate advice about how to fill the cracks in your cement pool, would it be possible for you to post photos of the cracks and the surrounding area of the pool? My colleague @Jason is absolutely correct that a visual inspection is necessary to determine the cause of the crack. Once we see the photos we can get a better idea of its condition and provide recommendations for repair.

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric  

troyjacy
Just Starting Out

IMG_2405.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @troyjacy

There are many reasons for your cement pool to crack. What we need to determine is if it is structural damage. This type of damage is where water in the pool is leaking out due to the crack in the structure of the pool. The other type is just surface cracks in the finish of the pool, no water is leaking but the finish on the pool has deteriorated.

I recommend getting the services of a qualified pool repair technician for a diagnosis. Surface repairs above and around your pool can be done as a D.I.Y. However, once underwater and specifically at the bottom of your pool, special materials and procedures need to be applied to repair it. 

Using patchers and fillers may temporarily fix the issue but could cover up long-term damage to your pool. Using a qualified repair person gives you peace of mind that the work is covered with a warranty, and is done to industry standards.   

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your pool repaired.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects