Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to reattach tiles to concrete pot?

TezzieLou
Just Starting Out

How to reattach tiles to concrete pot?

Hi everyone, I am hoping to repair & restore these two concrete pots. 
They will be sitting against a blue grey wall, so I want to paint them white. 

4ED7EAC2-ABE9-426E-BD08-2AF3F12BA104.jpeg

16467A6A-6D39-476F-A9D6-514009576318.jpeg

1007D7E2-2FE2-4AA8-9751-11EBE22331F5.jpeg

What is the best adhesive to use & also what sort of paint should I use please?

Liquid nails has been suggested, would that work?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to re-attach tiles to concrete pot.

Hello @TezzieLou

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about re-attaching the tiles to your concrete pot.

Thank you so much for sharing those photos of your concrete pot. I suggest using Selleys 415g Liquid Nails Landscape Stone Concrete Adhesive.  It has a weather-resistant, high-strength, flexible and shockproof bond, making it ideal for bonding pavers to concrete, stabilising stone, and interlocking masonry retaining walls. It should be strong enough to keep the stones attached to the pot.

I recommend using Dulux 1L PRECISION Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White to prime the outside of your stone pot. Usually, I would suggest sanding the surface of the pot, but because of its uneven surface, a spot might be missed. Using the Precision Primer will guarantee that the paint you place above it will adhere to the surface of the pot. Depending on what kind of finish you are after, just keep in mind to use a paint that is rated for exterior use. It sounds like a very interesting project, any updates you can provide would be much appreciated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects