Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove balustrade glass panels?

sunny0987
Just Starting Out

How to remove balustrade glass panels?

816629DA-776D-4900-ADD1-22E21B82FFD0.jpeg

Hi, how do I remove the balustrade glass panels to paint the wall? Thank you. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove balustrade glass panels

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sunny0987. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing the glass balustrade.

Can you look to see if there are any small grub screw holes on the metal caps? If so, once you have undone the screws with an allen key, you should be able to remove the steel caps which retain the panels.

You'd definitely want a second set of hands to assist you and have thick towels down on the ground, ready to rest the panels on once removed. If you tap the edges of the panels on the ground/wall at all they will shatter.

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Allen key doesn’t work in our case. We need a torque wrench to clamp the sides to turn the knob open. Do you know which one and where we can get it? Thank you. 

BB6ABD1F-E59A-47FC-875A-B65976CCC954.jpeg

I apologise, @sunny0987. It's actually a specific spanner that you need to undo the fittings, not an allen key. The team at your local store's Special Orders desk could check with our glass panel supplier to see if we could order you one.

You could possibly undo the buttons with multigrip pliers, but you'll run a high chance of damaging the chrome finish.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects